General: This lightweight and robust sensor measures the intake manifold air temperature of small engines and is particularly intended for the UAV industry. The sensor is based on the KTY83 silicon resistive element chip. These sensors have a positive temperature coefficient of resistance with a typical resistance of 950 ohms at 20°C and 2500 ohms at 175°C.
Mounting: Mounting of the MAT sensor is via an M5 hole tapped into the engine intake manifold between the throttle body and the intake port of the engine. The sensing element itself should be exposed to the intake air stream.
- Temperature range: -55°C to +175°C
- Manifold fitting: M5 x 0.8 mm thread, 4.5 mm long to the shoulder of the fitting.
- Connector: Omnetics 5 pin, with the sensing element connected between pins 1 and 5
- Sleeving: Festo polyurethane sleeve, diameter 4 mm.
- Overall Length: 125mm (5 inches), but can be customized to customer requirements.
- Weight (with all fittings): 4.3 grams (0.15 ounce).