The A33N UAV Engine System is Cobra Aero’s initial entrant in the A33 family of engines. The A33N engine is an all-new purpose designed UAS engine.
The Engine Package Includes:
- Power4Flight IntelliJect ECU
- Currawong self priming fuel pump and fuel pressure accumulator
- All required EFI sensors and wire harnessing CHT, MAT, MAP, and fuel pressure
- CDI module
- Full induction and exhaust system
- Electric power generator with start capability
- Cooling duct with active control
- Focal isolation mount
Engine with Integrated Generator
The A33N engine is a purpose designed UAS engine. It features a 3D-printed cylinder and high quality machined crankcases that overcome porosity issues, provide a more precise path for internal fuel/air circulation and incorporate an integrated generator system. The 3D printed cylinder head minimizes engine-to-engine variability. This simplifies fleet management, allowing a ‘tighter’ fleet ECU calibration for improved performance and fuel economy.
The A33N engine is equipped with a 3-phase Maxon brushless motor used as a generator. The generator is driven by a toothed belt from the engine output shaft and produces 250 watts (500 watts intermittent) of electrical power. The generator includes sensors which allow it to be used to start the engine from a 24V supply (Power conditioning and starting electronics are a separate package).
The exhaust system on the A33N dramatically reduces the acoustic signature of the engine as compared to conventional side-mount exhaust.
- High power to weight
- Low acoustic signature
- Custom focal isolation mount for reduced airframe and payload vibration
- 3D-printed aluminum head and cylinder improves engine repeatability
- Hardware, electronics, and software all designed specifically for UAS applications
- Machined crankcase with integrated belt driven starter/generator
- Passed FAR33 150-hour endurance test
|Engine Type:||Air-cooled 2-stroke single|
|Displacement:||33 cc (2.0 ci)|
|Weight:||2.25 kg (5 lbs) (Includes core engine, exhaust, ECU, fuel pump, injector, ignition, generator, harnesses)|
|Fuel Delivery:||Fuel injection at 3 bar (gasoline 50:1 premix)|
|Power Output:||2.0 kW (2.7 HP) at 8200 RPM|
|Fuel Consumption:||500 g/kW-hr (0.82 lbs/HP-hr) at cruise|
|Generator output:||250W (500W intermittent duty cycle)|