B29i AXS UAV EFI Engine System
- Low-noise exhaust design
- Stall-resistant throttle response
- Significantly expanded throttle-RPM envelope vs Carburetor
- Full EFI suite including automotive-quality ECU processor, self-priming fuel pump, ignition, sensors, injector and custom intake, all with over 40,000 hours on UAS platforms.
- Seamless CAN-bus autopilot integration, compatible with Piccolo.
- Passed FAR-33 150 Hour Endurance Profile
|Engine Type:||Air-cooled 2-stroke single|
|Weight:||1.98kg (4.4lb) excluding power supply|
|Fuel Delivery:||up to 48g/min at 3 bar|
|Power Output:||1.8 kW (2.4 HP) at 9000 RPM|
|Fuel Consumption:||500 g/kW-hr (0.82 lb/HP-hr) at cruise|
|Generator output:||250W (500W intermittent duty cycle)|
EFI Engine with Integrated Generator
The B29i UAV Engine System is a 29cc single cylinder engine having a high power density and minimal maintenance requirements. The engine features an advanced function ECU, a positive displacement high-pressure fuel pump, a fuel pressure accumulator, a super-atomizing fuel injector, capacitive discharge ignition, and MAT and CHT sensors. The engine incorporates an integrated generator and generator drive system. A custom muffler is fitted as standard.
The B29i UAV engine is an advanced version of the 3W-28, with a principal improvement being the use of fully machined crankcases manufactured by Currawong Engineering that overcome porosity issues, provide a more precise path for internal fuel/air circulation and incorporate an integrated generator and generator drive system. Other improvements include a new propeller hub design, incorporating a more accurate crank angle sensing system. The ignition system is based on a Desert Aircraft CDI unit with modifications to facilitate control by the ECU.